Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 16 cents per litre (cpl) to 119.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 13 September 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 128.9 cpl, most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 127.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 123.9 cpl and most Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites to 119.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 40 sites selling below 105 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 37 cpl, which means you can save up to $22 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 98.2 cpl at Puma Midvale in the East;
- 91.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 91.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 104.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 92.1 cpl at Coles Express Brookdale, Coles Express Canning Vale and Coles Express Casuarina in the South; and
- 92.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: